JANE IS ON SABBATICAL FROM EASPAIN UNTIL FEBRUARY 2018. FOR OTHER OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY SERVICES FOR PAIN AND FATIGUE PLEASE CHECK THE LINKS AND RESOURCES PAGE
Jane has extensive experience working with people with the following conditions and with all age groups.
- Chronic back and neck pain
- Whiplash associated disorder
- Migraines and headaches
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Pelvic pain
- Chronic fatigue
- Chronic pain secondary to other illnesses (post-operative, post cancer treatment, rheumatoid arthritis, osteo-arthritis, diabetic neuropathy etc)
- Anxiety and depression related to living with a persistent pain/ fatigue condition
Pain in children and teens. (read more here)
Jane’s treatment approach is based on cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and involves detailed assessment to really understand the effect that persistent pain has on your daily activities, work and life goals. The aim of treatment will be to minimise pain and help you to move towards improved health, fitness and wellbeing.
She offers a range of skills and strategies. These can include:-
- Education about chronic pain and the current scientific research that can help you to understand how to manage your condition better .
- Activity pacing to minimise daily pain and reduce recurrent flare-ups.
- Advice on how to perform activities better, including helping you change movement and postural habits that may be contributing to your pain problem.
- 1:1 gentle yoga developed specifically for you to help you to re-balance your body and mind.
- Mindfulness training and relaxation strategies.
- Assessment and recommendations for adaptive equipment.
- Referral to other service providers who specialise in helping people with chronic pain where appropriate.
- Liaison with family members, other treating practitioners and the workplace if applicable.
- Mindfulness Based stress reduction.
- Beginner’s mindfulness training (5 week course)
- Gentle yoga.
- Restorative yoga
For more information on booking appointments, fees and rebates click here
Jane talks on YouTube about pacing and fibromyagia